Sunday, September 23, 2012

Tie One On

A Spring Tie
Definitely a tie for a different season.
Oh, well here it goes anyway...
Here's the yarn and how it was made:
Chain 11
2 sc in 2nd ch from hook, * 1 sc in next 4 chs, skip next ch, 
1 sc next 4 chs, 2 sc in last ch, turn, ch 1, 2 sc in first sc repeat from*
Change colors whenever you feel like it. 
I got lazy and only striped half the tie.
About half way through the tie, crochet 1 sc instead of 2 sc at each end for one row
 and then pick up pattern again with 3 sc instead of 4 sc before the skip. 
This will make the tie narrower.
Then about 3/4 of the way through do it again for 2 sc before the middle skip. (More narrowness.)
I don't know what I did to go from pointed to straight to pointed the other direction, 
but as you can see from the photo it was not real smooth. I did a straight row of sc and then the next row was 2 sc with 3 sc in the same st then 2 sc or something like that. 
If anyone can figure this out I would love to know. :-)
I finished off with a slip stitch around the edge, but mine was a little too tight.
Pressing will be key.
Good luck!

6 comments:

  1. Genial me encantan las corbatas tejidas, esta es preciosa besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely adorable. I might have to try and make one very soon. Hope your day is great. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Washable Ewe - and our local craft stores stopped carrying it. Grrr!

    What a fun tie. How could it not be, made from a yarns called "Duckling" and "Cottontail"? :)

    P.S. Maybe a larger hook would work for the slip stitch round.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the comments. Oooo...yeah a larger hook is a great idea!

    Yes, the washable Ewe is good, I have had to purchase some from the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok I will try this as soon as I can find a yarn I want. H wears gray and dark greenish suits so I want an ombre. I think I will ask my husband which tie is his favorite width so I can try to make it a width he will wear.

    ReplyDelete