Friday, April 1, 2011

Farger (Colors)

 Colors That Draw Me In

Isn't it funny how we all have a certain set of yarn colors we are drawn towards?
I like bright happy primary colors paired with pure white.
White seems to intensify whatever color you put next to it and I am INTENSE!

HAPPY YARN COLORS :-)

NOT SO HAPPY YARN COLORS :-(

NOT SO HAPPY YARN KIT :-(

I have had the above Norwegian stitching kit around for years. I think the pattern is so beautiful, but I never really loved the colors. So, while switching out the colors of the klokkestreng (bell-pull) that I inherited from my Aunt the other day, (click here for the post on that project) I was reminded of this kit that was resting in the bottom of my "Crafts To Do Someday" container.

So guess what I did?


Yes, as you can see, I have once again switched out colors. I searched every nook and cranny of my "Yarns To Do Something With Someday" container (aka "The Yarn Stash" by many fellow crocheters) and the rest is history...or at least the beginning of history for this project.

Stay in touch for the finished product and it won't be long as this project goes with me just about everywhere I go. I can't get myself to put it down. Po' NVO.

I would love to hear about what color or color combinations draw you in.
Comments are about the next best thing to making a new project out of old yarn, so please share your thoughts!

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you, I like your "happy" colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your new colours better than the original ones.

    Personally I've found my favourites in blues and white, but I guess you've figured out that already ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your new colours, the unhappy ones are definitely unhappy or boring. I too am drawn to reds, blues and greens with white, sometimes aqua and pale yellow with red.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh ya! Blue and white go so well together,I really like those too. Must be our Norsk blood. :-)

    I laid out some yarn in aqua, pale yellow and red and I love it! I am going to make a dishcloth in both color combinations! Thanks for the inspiration, gals.

    Thanks for following Mona, makes me feel so good!

    ReplyDelete