Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Birthday Wishes to Mama Corky

Birthday Wishes and Dreams For My Dear Mother-In-Law

I am so fortunate that I have a mother-in-law that I love. The NVO takes after her physically, mentally, and intellectually, so I can't help but love her. Even if I had never met her son I would hope that our paths would have crossed anyway.

Mama Corky will be visiting with us during the month of May, a beautiful season in Utah. I am so excited and looking forward to her visit.

The potholder/dish rag crocheting mania carried over into a gift for her birthday.

The basic pattern can be found in my Etsy shop here.
The picot stitch edge pattern is included in the pattern from here


Mama Corky has a lovely home beside my brother and sister-in-law's home in Southern California. We are sending her these potholder/dish rags along with something she will definitely like: a publication about the space shuttle and Lindt chocolates, of course. She loves the space shuttle and since her son (the NVO) works with the SRM's (solid rocket motors) for the space shuttle she's especially interested . Since, this is not my area of expertise, I have left that area up to the NVO. My area of expertise is in crocheting potholders/dishrags in the colors of her lovely home. Wow, my skills certainly rival with my rocket scientist hubby, eh? ;-) Hmmmmm...how do a geo-physicist and crocheter meet and live happily ever after? I don't really know, but it's alive and well right here in our Apple Blossom dreams.


These are just random pics of the first of the four washclothes for Mama Corky.
Seasonally and festively apropos, eh?
(The bunnies creeped-out the NVO, so of course I had to include them.)

Happy Birthday Mom!
Enjoy the shuttle updates, chocolate nibbling and dishwashing.
I love you, Mama Corky!

1 comment:

  1. YEAH!!! Those bunnies are as creepy as clowns and the Burger King guy!

    ReplyDelete