Saturday, March 26, 2011

Vinteren til Våren (Winter to Spring)

Dream Spot is Ready for Spring

In celebration of the Spring Equinox (Last Sunday) the traditional annual
"Elske Reir" bedding switch-out took place today.
(I'm a little late due to the guest situation last week.)


Våren (Spring).................................Vinteren (Winter)
(Winter appears to be brighter and sunnier due to the lighting in the pictures,
but in all reality the Spring set up is much brighter and lighter.)

Down blankets were hung outside today just like they do in Norway. I rarely see that here in the USA but I see it quite often in Norway. I love the feeling of beddings that have spent the day in the sun and fresh air. I can't wait to go to bed.

WIP

Bumping up Winter and Spring photos side by side made Spring look washed out; however, I think the addition of the WIP, upon completion, will bring some additional color and contrast to the room. It's about 25% done and it's going slow because I keep getting inspired by all these other blogs and get sidetracked on new projects.

What I learned today:

Taking before and after pictures is tricky...one must stand in the same spot at the same time of day with similar weather in order to achieve an accurate comparison. I need a lot of practice. :-)

2 comments:

  1. You continue to amaze me. I changed the sheets on the beds today and thought I deserved a medal. I remember when I was a little girl that every spring we would hang our blankets on the clothesline and hit them with a stick to air them out. The sheets were also hung on the clothesline to dry and you could always tell when you had clean sheets, because they were scratchy but I loved the feel of them. So much for the high thread count of sheets today. But since I do have clean sheets, although not scratchy, I can't wait to go to bed tonight either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that memory "K". Such a warm fuzzy!

    ReplyDelete