Wednesday, February 16, 2011

New Yarn...New Project

I Want to Dream Under a Blanket of Blankets
The yarn seeds that have been planted for a master bedroom afghan.


 The colors represent the flags of the two countries that I love:
USA and Norway
(The Christmas red has been back ordered since....uhhhhhh...Christmas,
 but I was fortunate enough to find two skeins online. Yay!)


The yarn lays upon the bed on which the afghan will someday lay.
The plants have arrived, now all they need is a plan and some fertilizer.
I have plenty of fertilizer, but the plan is the problem. 
A granny square that incorporates hearts would be ideal.

A couple of unsuccessful attempts at creating the perfect heart square:
(The heart pattern can be found at Skip to my Lou)

These are a few of the ideas I have toyed with but nothing seems to click. I'm still experimenting...Suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Cute! Will you make me something that will represent Aric's Scandinavian heritage??? XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I will make him a Digger Wiggler. :-)

    ReplyDelete